Luxembourg 2015 Day Trip
Flight was on Sunday 22nd Feb,
- LHR->LUX Sunday 08:55-11:10
- LUX->LHR Sunday 18:15-18:40
Arrived on time, and caught the 11:45 number 16 from the airport into the city. Bought the 2 Euro ticket from the Book Shop, the assistant spoke English The driver writes the time/date on the ticket when you board the bus. THere is no an automatic bus ticket machine in the Arrivals hall on level -1 as far as I could find!.
I walked a lot around the city and visited all of the places below
- The Casemates - tour the tunnels.(Um Bock)
- Grand Ducal Palace
- Statue équestre Guillaume I
- Le Monument du Souvenir “Gëlle Fra”
- La statue de la Grande-Duchesse Charlotte
- Notre-Dame Cathedral
- Le Monument National de la Solidarité
- Le monument Robert Schuman
Had coffee at the station. Most places were closed as it was a Sunday. The flag was at half mast on the Palace because the Older Brother of Luxembourg's Grand Duchess had passed away.